Rehabilitation means reshaping lives and restoring lost abilities after an illness or injury. We strive to treat the whole patient – physically, emotionally and socially.
Our therapists work to understand each patient’s unique circumstances and goals for his or her care. Our expert rehab teams work to help patients realize these goals – whether that means being able to attend a grandchild’s graduation or returning to regular walks with pets.
For every patient, our mission is to return patients to their optimum level of function and open the door to maximum independence through sustained recovery.
The Acute Rehab Team
With an emphasis on recovery, our rehabilitation experts provide innovative treatment approaches to assist patients in returning to a normal lifestyle. Our rehab professionals include occupational therapists, certified occupational therapist assistants, physical therapists, certified physical therapist assistants, speech-language pathologists, nursing staff and physicians.
Each patient is different, and our rehab teams realize how important it is to tailor treatment accordingly. Our clinicians work to build relationships with patients to uncover what will motivate each individual during treatment.
Care in An Acute Rehab Setting
Once the patient’s functional status has been identified, a treatment plan prescribed by the physician is implemented, and an individualized plan of care is developed. The care delivered in an acute rehab setting includes:
- Interdisciplinary, patient-centered treatment approach by a team of highly-qualified professionals
- On-site medical director to coordinate and manage the efforts of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- Treatment from rehab professionals with training and understanding required to treat medically complex patients
- Training to return to independent walking
- Minimized risk of readmission to the hospital from complications that may arise during rehabilitation treatment
- Intensive therapy
Request An Assessment
We are passionate about recovery and want to see our patients get home as fit and fast as medically possible. We welcome requests for patient assessments from physicians, discharge planners, social workers, family members and case managers. For more information, to request an on-site patient evaluation or to arrange a tour of a facility, please contact us at 228-809-5020.