The clinic provides the following patient services, among others:
- Access and flush infusaports
- Administration of blood and blood products such as platelets, fresh frozen plasma, packed red blood cells, albumin and medication to prevent the formation of blood clots
- Declotting dialysis catheters
- Dressing changes, insertion and maintenance of PICC lines and midline catheters
- Intravenous fluid administration for various health issues such as diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, dehydration and multivitamins
This clinic provides injections and infusions for the treatment of many conditions including but not limited to:
- Antibiotics for wound infections, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, etc.
- Crohn’s disease
- Fabry’s disease
- Irritable bowel
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nerve disorders
- Nausea and vomiting
- Osteoporosis or osteopenia
- Rhogam injections for pregnant women with Rh negative blood
- Urinary catheterizations
- Vaccines for rabies, tetanus, DTP
Patients must also be able to tolerate sitting for an extended period of time. All patients must be alert and oriented, and if not, be accompanied by a family member or other responsible individual. If a minor, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Any physician can refer patients to the clinic. Any patient referred to the Outpatient Clinic for treatment must have a physician’s order.