Singing River Health System Hospice of Light is devoted to providing individuals with life limiting illnesses and their families excellent physical care and emotional and spiritual support using an interdisciplinary team approach.
Hospice of Light volunteers are special people with a sincere desire to help others. Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Performing clerical tasks at the Hospice of Light office
- Visiting and spending quality time with the patient
- Running errands for the patient
- Writing birthday and thank you cards
- Providing hospice related educational information to the community
- Providing a support system for the patient’s caregiver
Each volunteer determines the amount of time that they are able to provide. Training is provided for all services.
To apply or get more information on volunteering, contact Crystal Davis, Hospice Administrator, or call 228-818-2160 or 601-766-1800.
» Download the Hospice of Light Volunteer flyer and application.