The da Vinci Xi System was designed with the goal of further advancing the technology used in minimally invasive surgery. The System can be used across a spectrum of minimally invasive surgical procedures and has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, cardiac and general surgery.
Key features of the Xi System include:
- A new overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- A new endoscopic digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- An ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with newly designed joints that offer a greater range of motion than ever before.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.