Safety is always the utmost priority. Singing River Health System Campus Police has provided safety tips for you during your holiday celebrations.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks. Read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions.
- A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities.
- Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area – away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of fireworks by wetting them and placing them away from combustible materials.
Chief of Police
If you have a medical emergency, please dial 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.